Parks and Recreation Policies
- A Resident is defined as someone who lives in and pays taxes to the Pottstown School District/Borough of Pottstown
- Any returned check will be assessed a service charge.
- Pottstown Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or combine classes.
- When Pottstown Schools are closed because of a holiday, in-service, or inclement weather there will be no evening classes or activities. The school closing number is 312. In the event of inclement weather, tune to WBYN radio (107.5 FM) or contact Parks and Recreation
- All programs have a minimum and maximum enrollment and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Withdrawals from a class/program prior to its start date will be issued a full refund via check less a $10 administrative fee.
- No tuition fees will be refunded after the first class has been held. No tuition fees will be discounted or make up classes offered due to lack of attendance. Only if a class is cancelled in its entirety will tuition be refunded.
- We make every effort to reschedule cancelled classes.
- Materials and supplies are not included in the class registration fee unless specified.
Attraction and Ski Tickets:
Acceptable forms of payment are as follows:
- Credit Card, $20 minimum purchase
- Personal Check, $50 maximum purchase
- All sales are final
Youth Course Registration:
Effective January 1, 2021, our web portal is to be used for all Youth Course registrations. Visit https://pottstown.recdesk.com/Community/home.. Feel free to contact the office with any questions: 610-970-6618.
All classes require pre-registration for participation. Payment is due in-full two weeks prior to class start date or at the time of registration. Payment must be made to the Parks and Recreation Department. Please do not expect to pay instructors at the start of class. Students will be refused participation if fees are not paid before the start of classes. Parks and Recreation will not pro-rate missed classes.
Adult Course Registration:
Effective January 1, 2021, our web portal is to be used for all Adult Course registration. Visit https://pottstown.recdesk.com/Community/Home. Feel free to contact the office with any questions: 610-970-6618
All adult courses/offerings require pre-registration and payment in full two weeks prior to start date or at the time of registration unless specified otherwise. Payment must be made to the Parks and Recreation office. Please do not expect to pay instructor at the start of class unless specified otherwise. Students will be refused participation if fees are not paid before the start of classes. Parks and Recreation will not pro-rate missed classes.
Bus Trip Policies:
- A $50.00 deposit per seat is required on all bus trips at the time of reservation (or 1/3 if trip price is under $100.
- Initial deposits are non-refundable.
- Balances on all trips are due three weeks in advance of the trip.
- Itineraries will be mailed out at a minimum three weeks prior to the trip.
- Payment plans/installments can be arranged, final balances due three weeks before trip.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash or check are acceptable methods of payment.
- Bus trips include bus fare and venue ticket when applicable.
- When applicable, meals at selected restaurant w/ selected menu may also be included.
- Occasionally, minor changes in the itinerary may be necessary.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to make sure that he or she is on time for boarding the bus at all stops.
- In the event Parks and Recreation must cancel a trip, a full refund will be issued.
Park Rental and Amenities:
Effective 1 January 2021, our web portal is to be used for all facility rentals. Visit https://pottstown.recdesk.com/Community/Home. A complete list of applicable fees and policies can be downloaded at the links immediately below. Feel free to contact the office with questions: 610-970-6618.
Parks and Recreation Schedule of Fees (PDF)
Acceptable forms of payment include:
Cash, check, or credit card in person at Borough Hall, Parks and Recreation Department – 100 E. High Street
Mail a check payable to 'The Borough of Pottstown' to 100 E. High Street, attn: Parks and Recreation
Credit Card payment through our web portal: https://pottstown.recdesk.com/Community/Home..
All refunds are issued via check and take two to three weeks for processing. Checks will be mailed to the address provided.
If you have any questions, about any of the above information, we can be reached by emailing us or by phone (610) 970-6618/6608. Thank you