The Human Relations Commission is a seven-member team of volunteers appointed by Borough Council. The diverse team serves to improve the quality of human relations within the Borough of Pottstown.
At times, the commission will refer individuals to the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commissions for consideration of a formal hearing.
- The mission is to promote mutual understanding, respect and cooperation among all racial, cultural, religious, ethnic, and other groups within the Borough of Pottstown
- The commission monitors the status of human relations within the Borough.
- It holds multi-cultural educational events.
- It provides mediation and referral services to Borough residents.
- Mediation is an opportunity for people to openly discuss conflict and determine whether reconciliation is possible. The parties may speak in a confidential setting directly to each other and be heard. Most of the commissioners are trained mediators.
- Marcia Levengood, Chairperson (term ends 3/13/25)
- Jonathan Corson (term ends 11/14/24)
- Robert Watson (term ends 1/9/25)
- Richard Bouher (term ends 3/21/25)
- Howard Charles (term ends 5/8/25)
- Charlotte Charles (term ends 1/9/25)
- Lisa Vanni (term ends (10/11/24)
Council Chambers Room, 6:00 p.m.
January 10, February 14, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 15, September 12, October 3, November 14, December 12, 2023