Licensing and Inspections Department
Scheduling Process for Rental and Property Inspections
- Upon receiving the application and payment, the L&I Department will schedule the appointment and notify the applicant as to the date and time
- A representative is to meet the inspector at the front of the property.
- If an appointment is missed, a fee will be assigned.
All inspections including building, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, fire, etc. are to be scheduled by contacting L&I via email at LNIadmin@pottstown.org or 610-970-6520.
The Licensing and Inspections Department oversees:
- Property transfer inspections
- Rental inspections for rental licenses
- Issuing permits
- Contracting and business licenses
- Land development
PERMITTING CHECKLIST- COMMERCIAL AND MIXED-USE BUILDINGS (PDF)
The Borough of Pottstown adopted and enforces the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) and the codes and standards referenced therein. Currently PA mandates that we use the 2018 International Codes. Handicap Accessibility regulations are taken from the 2021 International Building Code and referenced standards. These codes may have additions, deletions, and changes; please contact the Licensing and Inspections Department or see our Code of Ordinances for a complete list of adopting ordinances containing changes to the stock language of the above code editions.
- Building Code for all commercial properties
- Fire Prevention
- Property Maintenance
- Plumbing Code
- Mechanical Code
- Residential Code for all residential properties
These codes can be found by visiting the International Code Council website.
View information on fees associated with the Licensing and Inspections Department (PDF)